Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Review: Deliverance Lost

Two posts in the same day! Oh lord the fun!

So I assume (assumption being the mother of all f@$# ups) many of you that read this blog either know me in person or head me during my stint on 40k Radio. Either way you know I love the background of 40k and looooove me some Black Library books. I just got done reading Deliverance Lost by Gav Thorpe, the latest in the Horus Heresy series. I have to say this book is one of the best Horus Heresy books that has been written.

The story focuses on Corax trying to rebuild his legion after the drop site massacre. Unknown to him the Alpha Legion has infiltrated his ranks. This book also includes appearances by Rogal Dorn, The Emperor, Malcador, Horus, Erebus, the Imperial Fist, the Custodes and countless others. It also offers other little cool story lines that help make this book (and many others in the Horus Heresy series) so awesome. Interested in finding out the origins of Mark VI armor and why the Raven Guard has so many of these suits? The answer is in this book. The book offers plenty of action and also some intrigue. Along with this book I would advise you to listen to the Horus Heresy audio book Raven's Flight. It will give you a bit of the background on some of the characters in this book.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 Bolter Rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment