Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

If you want blood.......you got it!!!

Well well well the worm has finally turned......not only am I actually getting skinnier but I also won a game of Warhammer 40,000! Four weeks of getting my ass kicked had turned me into a ball of anger. I knew I had o shake things up to get out of my rut. Knowing that I would be playing a Grey Knight army I figured trying to out close combat them would be fairly tough. With the urging of some friends (Mike and Chris) I figured my best bet would be shooting their faces off.

I dropped Dante and the Sanguinary Guard from my list along with an assault squad. While they had performed admirably in 3 out of my four games I knew they needed to sit this one out. The following were the new editions to my army:

-Reclusiarch in power armor with jump pack
-10 man devastator with 4 lascannon and the SGT equipped with a power fist
-Land Raider Redeemer
-5x Assault terminators with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shields

The Reclusiarch was attached to the remaining assault squad to provide a cheap leader and make them fearless. The devastators were there to add much needed long range fire support to deal with large threats like  
dreadknights. The terminators would go inside the Land Raider that would be deep striking  to cause massive amounts of havoc.

The plan worked to perfection. After weather his first turn of shooting and losing a rhino and some marines I unleashed hell. In that first turn I put three wounds on the dreadknight and hustled my tactical squads in good positions to provide covering fire. In turn two my assault squad drew murderous amounts of fire and lost all but the sergeant and the chaplain. This in turn left most of my army unscathed. My Land Raider came in and performed its deep strike right on target. My Storm Raven flew forward and dropped off the Furioso Dreadnought with the blood talons. The Land Raider cooked the majority of a Purgation squad and my Furioso wiped the other squad from the table on one turn. Turn three saw my Furioso and the Dreadknight take each other down. From there it was a matter of whittling down the rest of his army with my firepower.

Needless to say I was pleased with the results. Was it the most fluffy of Blood Angel armies? No. But did it still utilize squads that come from a Battle Company? Absolutely. Deep striking in a Land Raider was freaking awesome. It was some what risky but paid off big time. The Furioso hitching a ride with the Stormraven instead of using the drop pod was also great (thanks Mike!). All in all it was a great game against a fun opponent. Stay tuned for some pics of my marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment