Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Simple Tycho conversion and trying to stay focused

Last after really looking at the old metal sculpt of Captain Erasmus Tycho I realized with some minor kit bashing and conversions I could make my own that had a little more kick assery to it. About 20 minutes later I was done. It was really quite simple. Legs, torso head and left hand are from the Sanguinary Guard box. Arms shoulder pads and back back are from the Death Comapany box. Finally the combi melta is from the Space Marine Commander box. I think he looks ready to kick some ass.........watch out Red Corsairs!

Now onto my next point about staying focused........I have a lot of Games Workshop stuff. Probably more than one man should own. If I die my friends are all going to fight over it.



The tough part is with all the cool stuff I want to build I need to stay focused on the task at hand.....finishing my Blood Angels. Thankfully Kyle has been helpful keeping my hobby somewhat focused. Since I have painted two troop units I am going to treat myself with painting up something a little more fun. My three choices right now are: Dante, Tycho, or a Furioso dreadnought. I hope this will kind of get me out of my hobby rut.
With our next campaign looking to be Orks and or Xenos in general vs Imperial Forces I am also debating which army to use for that campaign. Now some of you are screaming "hey dumbass use your Blood Angels!", and the sane person would agree. I however am trying to get another one of my armies built and painted. Here are my choices: Crimson Fists, Imperial Fist, Salamanders, Red Scorpions, Ultramarines or Grey Knights. I am open to any and all suggestions. BTW my Grey Knights are essentially built so that would be the easy road
Until next time

6 comments:

  1. OMG, all those unopened boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have more GW stuff than several people should own, not just one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something Xenos, so there's more than just Digger and I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's gonna open his own Game Shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spend enough time, in and around the hobby, that is what your house looks like. The long GW Veterans are usually just as well stocked as any LGS and toss in the other games, its an epic WIN!

    Glad to see you here buddy, good luck with your Angels!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meah, Rik knows that his gw horde pales in comparisons to mine and Brother Grimms..

    Keep up the assembly line Rik...

    ReplyDelete